Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Marvel.com: Hotbed of Contradiction



QUOTES FROM JOE QUESADA:

"There are no political reasons, there are no behind the scenes reasons for the no smoking policy, it has nothing to do with advertisers, it has nothing to do with fear of a litigious world. It has to do with one thing and one thing only…"I don’t want to see it in my comics!"

"My Wolverine, the Wolverine in my world, he doesn’t smoke, he’s too cool for it."

"Look, I do realize some people miss Wolvie and his stogie, but in time, no one will ever know it’s gone as new generations of readers pick up these books."

"It's just a matter of whether we want to promote cancer or not," said Quesada. "Quite frankly, I think we're done promoting it."

There's about a hundred different movie stills from X-Men 3. You couldn't find one that stays on message?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really think Joe Quesada runs the website?

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that is the one scene we see Wolvie smoking, and then he loses the cigar and says "That was my last cigar." We never see him smoke after that, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the inevitable X4 (or Wolvie spin-off as it's not supposed to be a prequel) we never see him smoke at all.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Davenz said...

So amazing!

Regards
custom gates

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home