Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Going to the Midwest

Everyone is packing it up this week and heading out to the Midwest. Me Included. But, I'm not going to WW Chicago, but rather my sister's wedding in St. Louis.

So....I'll be a little out of commission until Tuesday, with perhaps a few updates here and there. We won't be completely devoid of comics stuff, though, as I plan on hitting up a cool STL-LCS and getting some more material for our next video blog post.

Now I have to decide what to bring for my plane reading...

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick W. Rollens said...

Tim - do you read DMZ? If not, you need to! It's amazing; I met Brian Wood at WizardWorld and told him how awesome his book is.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Tim Leong said...

You know, I started to read it when it first came out. But I had to stop picking it up because it wasn't going anywhere for me. It was a cool concept but I just wanted more information about the war, etc — there just wasn't enough to make me care about the characters or the book. Great art, though.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Patrick W. Rollens said...

I hear you on the going nowhere front. But post-apocalyptic is my favorite comic genre, so I could read stuff in that vein forever. I do worry that DMZ will start suffering from the "LOST" syndrome...that is, a formulaic plot with little overall story advancement. So far, none of that. We shall see...

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tim Leong said...

I hope so. It has a great premise if it starts to go somewhere it might be something I'd pick up in trades. But as you said, we'll see...

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home