Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mark Millar on Superman Movie Sequel

Mark Millar just posted that he got turned down for writing the Superman movie sequel because he was too associated with Marvel:

Well, sadly, I'm a Marvel guy and we were surprised to find out that WB couldn't hire me for a DC property. They were incredibly nice and superbly apologetic about it, but when they discussed the matter seriously DC explained just how associated I am with Marvel Comics at the moment and it's against company policy to hire the competition. It's absolutely nothing personal. I spoke to some friends at DC and they explained this has happened with a couple of big Marvel writers in the last couple of years and I absolutely respect that.

My question is: How is that different when super-DC guy Geoff Johns wrote and produced for the Blade TV series (a Marvel property)?

1 Comments:

Blogger Davenz said...

Thanks for the blog!

Regards
custom gates

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home