Monday, April 23, 2007

American Anime Awards



Check out this behind the scenes coverage of the first-ever American Anime Awards.

I fully admit I'm not up to speed on anime knowledge and had to cram the days leading up to the show. At the awards it was a bit intimidating because all these other reporters and outlets knew anime and manga backwards and forwards. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. I had to be able to spot the voice actors for the different anime shows. Voice actors! Not only was I not familiar with the shows and the characters, I had to recognize the faces of the people who voiced them. Not Easy. But we winged it and I think it turned out okay. The one funny thing that happened was with the first guy interviewed in the video, Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist). Leading up to the interview, I could NOT say his name for the life of me.

Me: How do you say his name?
Cameraman: Mig-yana
Me: Migana
Cameraman: Mig-yana
Me: Mignya
Cameraman: Mig-yana
Me: Mignanya
Cameraman: Mig-yaaaanaaa
Me: Migyaaaanga

You get the idea.

The only time I got it right was when I actually interviewed him. Which, of course, they cut from the video. PS — Vic won. And really, aren't we all winners? Well, except for the people that lost. Suckas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home